Card Kingdom Affiliates: Rhystic Studies

Card KingdomCommunity

Welcome back to the blog! Today, we’ll be continuing our series on our Card Kingdom Affiliates by introducing you to our newest partner: Rhystic Studies! Sam has been creating YouTube videos since August of 2013, and has quickly become one of Magic‘s most respected content creators. Whether he’s expounding on the cultural significance of Lightning Bolt or analyzing Raymond Swanland’s …

Hour of Devastation Release: A Photo Essay

Card KingdomCommunity

Release Week is the busiest time of the year here at Card Kingdom. We receive thousands of preorders from customers around the world, and we aim to get the new product into players’ hands as quickly as we can. A ton of work goes into a production this large, so today, we wanted to give you a behind-the-scenes look at …

Card Kingdom Affiliates: LoadingReadyRun

Card KingdomCommunity

Welcome back to the CK Blog! Today, we’ll be continuing our series on our Card Kingdom Affiliates by sharing some information on one of our longest-standing partners: LoadingReadyRun. The LRR crew has been making funny videos on the internet since the pre-YouTube days, but most Magic players got to know them in 2012, when they began producing the “Friday Nights” …

Card Kingdom Affiliates: Tolarian Community College

Card KingdomCommunity

Card Kingdom is proud to sponsor some of Magic’s most prolific content creators. We know that many of you came to our site because LoadingReadyRun sent you, or because Josh Lee Kwai of The Command Zone recommended us to you on Twitter. (We really appreciate it, by the way!) If, however, you stumbled upon this site because you’re new to …

GP Vegas 2017: A Review

Hallie SantoCommunity

One of the greatest Grand Prix I ever attended was GP Portland in 2014. The format was Team Sealed, my favorite, and I have fond memories of playing with two of my closest friends. But the thing I loved most about Portland was that it was more than just another Magic tournament – it was the first GP I’d attended …

GP’s Are for Everyone

Courtney RudigerCommunity

When I was still a fledgling Magic player, the thought of going to a Grand Prix (GP) seemed incredibly daunting. Those are for pro players! People who know what they’re doing, who put in extensive amounts of testing and practice! I told myself. Since I was neither of those things, I didn’t think GP’s were for me. I attended my first …

Welcome, Kitchen Table Magic!

Card KingdomCommunity

Today, we’d like to introduce you to Card Kingdom’s newest affiliated podcast: Kitchen Table Magic! Kitchen Table Magic is an interview-style podcast hosted by Sam Tang, a Seattle local and longtime Card Kingdom and Mox Boarding House customer. Sam launched KTM a year ago, and in that time, he’s shone a spotlight on some of Magic‘s most beloved competitors and …

Tokens of Appreciation

Card KingdomCommunity

The Fulfillment department at Card Kingdom has doubled in size since the beginning of the year, and at lunch time, our break room can get crowded. There are usually two people on the couch, staring at books or smartphone screens, and four or five others assembled at the table, munching on sandwiches and snacks from Café Mox downstairs. Then, there’s Brian …

Community Spotlight: Gerry Thompson

Hallie SantoCommunity

The second chapter of Gerry Thompson’s Magic career began in late 2014. After a six-month internship in R&D at Wizards of the Coast, he was back on the competitive grind, bent on earning back his Pro Tour and SCG Invitational invites. That day in November, Gerry and I had both made the quarterfinals of a 130-person Standard IQ in Bellevue, WA …

Momir Basic IRL

Hallie SantoCommunity

Of all the formats you can play on Magic Online, Momir Basic is undoubtedly the strangest. Players start the game with 60 basic lands and a Momir Vig, Simic Visionary Avatar, and throughout the game, they take turns discarding lands to generate token copies of random creatures. It’s a swingy format, and as a competitive player who aims to minimize …