On This Date In Magic History: MaRo’s First MTG Article

Jacob LacknerCommunity

Welcome to another edition of “On This Date in Magic History.” This week we’re going to take a look at the very first time Mark Rosewater (MaRo) wrote something about Magic, which was published on May 11th, 1994. Who is Mark Rosewater Today? Mark Rosewater is one of the most important individuals in the history of the game. In my …

News of the Realm – 5/6/22

Card KingdomCommunity

With News of the Realm, we take a quick look at everything that went on at Card Kingdom, with our friends, and in the Magic world this week!  Welcome one and all to News of the Realm! Here’s what we and our friends had going on for the week leading up to May 6thth, 2022. The Professor played the Booster …

On This Date in Magic History: Pro Tour Los Angeles

Jacob LacknerCommunity

Nizzahon joins the CK writing crew, jumping in with a look back at this day in MTG history and Pro Tour LA 1996! Hello Card Kingdom readers! I’m Jacob Lackner, and I’m a new columnist here on the Card Kingdom blog. You may already know me from my YouTube channel “Nizzahon Magic,” where I produce multiple videos a week covering …

Fringe Format: Judge’s Tower

Chris CornejoCommunity

In Fringe Format, Chris looks at a lesser-known way to play Magic! This time, we climb the heights of the most rules-heavy format possible: it’s Judge’s Tower!  Blueprints  Judge’s Tower was created, handily enough, by Magic judges. Of all the formats that were invented by judges, Judge’s Tower is certainly one of them. Commander will always be the most successful …

News of the Realm – 4/29/22

Card KingdomCommunity

With News of the Realm, we take a quick look at everything that went on at Card Kingdom, with our friends, and in the Magic world this week!  Welcome one and all to News of the Realm! Here’s what we and our friends had going on for the week leading up to April 29th, 2022. The Professor talked Arena with …

News of the Realm – 4/22/22

Card KingdomCommunity

With News of the Realm, we take a quick look at everything that went on at Card Kingdom, with our friends, and in the Magic world this week!  Welcome one and all to News of the Realm! Here’s what we and our friends had going on for the week leading up to April 22nd, 2022. The Professor listed his top …

Choosing the Right Protection for Your Commander

Scott CullenCommunity

Commanders can be the most important part of an EDH deck, so making sure it sticks around is crucial. Scott runs down how to do just that! Commander is all about identity. From picking your commander to choosing the final cut, everything in the process is centered around the identity of the deck and its pilot. Because of this, many …

News of the Realm – 4/15/22

Card KingdomCommunity

With News of the Realm, we take a quick look at everything that went on at Card Kingdom, with our friends, and in the Magic world this week!  Welcome one and all to News of the Realm! Here’s what we and our friends had going on for the week leading up to April 15th, 2022. The Professor talked about the …

News of the Realm – 4/8/2022

Card KingdomCommunity

With News of the Realm, we take a quick look at everything that went on at Card Kingdom, with our friends, and in the Magic world this week!  Welcome one and all to News of the Realm! Here’s what we and our friends had going on for the week leading up to April 8th, 2022. The Professor gave us 5 …

News of the Realm – 4/1/2022

Card KingdomCommunity

With News of the Realm, we take a quick look at everything that went on at Card Kingdom, with our friends, and in the Magic world this week!  Welcome one and all to News of the Realm! Here’s what we and our friends had going on for the week leading up to April 1st, 2022. And yes, it’s April Fool’s Day, …